459. The skin of a rhinoceros _____ more than an inch thick.
a. may be
b. it may be
c. to be it
d. for it to be
460. Little League baseball bats may not to be longer than 33 inches.
ubah to be jadi be
461. A complex system of levers in a piano is accessed as each keys are struck.
ubah keys are jadi key is
462. The first person who _____ in less than four minutes was Roger Bannister.
a. running a mile
b. a mile was run
c. he ran a mile
d. ran a mile
463. The first electronic computer, the ENIAC, was introduce in 1946.
ubah introduce jadi introduced
464. A black hole is what _____ at the end of the life of a star.
a. the remnants
d. that remains
465. Some adhesives occur in nature or are easy made from plant or animal materials.
ubah easy jadi easily
466. The 19th Amendment to the Constitution, passed in 1920, _____ the right to vote.
a. granted women
b. women granted
c. granting women
d. the grant for women
467. On the third Monday in February, Americans celebrate the births of both George Washington or Abraham Lincoln.
ubah or jadi and
468. The lenses on near-sighted eyes do not grow thin enough, so _____ distant objects clearly.
a. they cannot see
b. cannot be seen
c. their sight
d. seeing them
469. Something that produces a very low temperature when added to gas are borax.
ubah are jadi is
470. In 1869, the first railroad _____ the east and west coasts of the United States was completed.
a. it connected
b. was connecting
471. In an orchestra, more than half of the musicians plays stringed instruments.
ubah plays jadi play
472. Both Copernicus and Galileo _____ that the Sun was the center of the solar system.
a. they postulated
c. it was postulated
d. the postulation
473. The Earth’s crust is very thin under the oceans, but its thicker under the continents.
ubah its jadi it is
474. A little types of snakes, such as boas and pythons, retain remnants of vestigial limbs.
ubah a little jadi a few
475. Harriet Beecher Stowe’s novel Uncle Tom’s Cabin (1852) achieved great success in the North but banning in most of the South.
ubah banning jadi was banned
476. Poll taxes, which potential voters had to pay before voting in federal elections, _____ in 1964.
a. were outlawed
b. the outlaws
c. to outlaw
477. The vertebrae of snakes are distinctively in that each vertebra touches its front and back neighbors at five different points.
ubah distinctively jadi distinctive
478. In 1800, Napoleon Bonaparte took back western Louisiana from Spain, and in 1802 they canceled the American right to trade at New Orleans.
ubah they jadi he
479. _____ carry tiny electrical signals around the body.
a. Cells have nerves
b. In nerve cells
c. Nerve cells have
d. Nerve cells
480. An hourglass consists of two glass container joined by a narrow tube.
ubah container jadi containers
481. The last star in the handle of the Little Dipper is names Polaris, or the North Star.
ubah names jadi named
482. ______ only a few hundred light years across is a dwarf galaxy.
a. A small galaxy measuring
b. A small galaxy measures
c. Measure a small galaxy
d. For a small galaxy to measure