526. Mark Twain was a licensed riverboat pilot, and him spent two and a half years working at this trade.
ubah him jadi he
527. The cerebrum _____ what is thought, said, or seen.
a. the control
b. to control
d. with control
528. The formation of the first alloys, bronze and brass, was accidentally.
ubah accidentally jadi accidental
529. Each step in an escalator are carried by four wheels on a concealed track.
ubah are carried jadi is carried
530. Animals _____ long range vision, such as bears, often have a keen sense of smell.
b. they lack
c. are lacking
531. A pendulum can regulates the speed of a clock by swinging from side to side at a fixed rate.
ubah regulates jadi regulate
532. The political party opposed to Abraham Lincoln and the Republicans during the Civil War _____ Copperheads, or Peace Democrats.
a. it was called the
b. the call of the
c. to call the
d. was called the
533. Tumbleweed breaks off at the ground, blowing in the wind, and scatters seeds as it tumbles.
ubah blowing jadi blows
534. Much different flags were used by American forces during the Revolutionary War.
ubah much jadi many
535. The summer solstice is the longest day of the year, _____ winter solstice is the shortest.
b. and the
c. on the
d. to the
536. Oats, wheat, corn, and rice are the grains most common used in breakfast cereals.
ubah common jadi commonly
537. William Howard Taft, who was the 27th president of the United States, _____ as the chief justice of the Supreme Court.
a. later served
b. he later served
c. who later served
d. later serving
538. Balloon observation of enemy lines were first employed during the American Civil War.
ubah were jadi was
539. Throughout his tenure in office, President Andrew Jackson suffered from a bullet wound received in a duel defending her wife’s honor.
ubah her jadi his
540. Amines are organic bases of which _____.
a. nylon derivatives
b. derivatives of nylon
c. the derivative nylon
d. nylon is a derivative
541. When he is burned, arsenic emits a vapor that smells like garlic.
ubah he jadi it
542. Intense heat can _____ limestone into marble.
a. the change
b. to change
543. In the United States, people had considering tomatoes poisonous until the nineteenth century.
ubah considering jadi considered
544. The cells in the nails and hair, like the cells at the skin’s surface, is dead.
ubah is jadi are
545. _____ can live well only in dry regions, but cattails must grow in wet places.
a. The cactus is a plant
b. Cactus they
c. Cactus plants
d. On the cactus plants
546. Using an electron microscope, a scientist can see cells and the organelles inside they in amazing detail.
ubah they jadi them
547. The magnitude of _____ on a seismograph.
a. to register an earthquake
b. the registration of an earthquake
c. an earthquake is registered
d. registering an earthquake
548. The Atlantic coastline of the United States has been sank at the rate of four inches every hundred years.
ubah sank jadi sinking
549. Only a few sea creatures, such as the octopus, care for theirs eggs.
ubah theirs jadi their
550. When the arms of a spinning ice skater are pulled toward the body, the speed of the spin _____.
a. the increase
c. to increase
551. Despite its dryness, the North American desert supports various type of plant life.
ubah type jadi types
552. Many natural dyes that craftspeople use to color fabrics _____.
a. come from plants
b. plants come
c. coming from plants
d. from plants