553. When it is drilled into a piece of wood, a screw must rotates several times in order to move forward a short distance.
ubah rotates jadi rotate
554. All of the various types of tuna, including bluefin, is migratory and travel in large schools.
ubah is jadi are
555. Substances _____ by the glands of mollusks compose their shells.
c. are secreted
d. they are secreted
556. The size and shape of snowflakes depends mainly on not only the temperature and also the amount of water vapor as the snowflakes develop.
ubah and jadi but
557. In 1922, the tomb of King Tutankhamen, who _____ more than 3,000 years ago, was discovered in Egypt.
b. he lived
d. the life of
558. Even when you sleep, your body uses energy to keep you warm and making your heart beat.
ubah making jadi makes
559. Winds in a tornado can become even more violently than those in a hurricane.
ubah violently jadi violent
560. The Mohs scale _____ to indicate which of the varying degrees of hardness is exhibited by a certain stone.
c. the use
d. is used
561. A little animals, such as the chameleon and the sea gull, have two eyes that can look in different directions at the same time.
ubah a little jadi few
562. The discovery of DNA in 1953 explained how _____ from parent to child.
a. passing certain traits
b. certain traits pass
c. the passing of certain traits
d. certain traits passing
563. Each human have only one-sixth as many muscles as a caterpillar, which has more than 4,000.
ubah have jadi has
564. The pitcher plant digests its prey very slow over a long period of time.
ubah slow jadi slowly
565. A small metal diaphragm _____ a little chamber of carbon granules makes up a telephone transmitter.
c. it is covering
d. is covering
566. In ancient times, spices were often used in foods to preserve they.
ubah they jadi them
567. The catamaran is a type of sailboat with two parallel hull.
ubah hull jadi hulls
568. Pneumatic _____ with compressed air instead of a fluid.
a. machines work
b. the work of machines
c. working machines
d. mechanical work
569. The color red has the longest wavelengths that yours eyes can see.
ubah yours jadi your
570. _____ to believe that the albatross had the power to bring bad luck.
b. Sailors used
c. Sailors who used
d. For sailors
571. _____ collide off-center, they rebound at an angle.
a. If two billiard balls
b. Two are billiard balls
c. Two billiard balls
d. Two of the balls
572. More than 8,000 ships have sank off the east coast of the Americas.
ubah sank jadi sunk
573. The gas argon, which constitutes 1.3 percent of the Earth’s atmosphere by weight, is both colorless or odorless.
ubah or jadi and
574. The word ‘igloo’ refers to houses,which ____ from earth, wood, or snow.
a. Eskimo builders
b. Eskimo buildings
c. Eskimos build
d. Eskimos to build
575. The Earth is spin on its own axis at a speed of 1,000 miles an hour at the equator.
ubah spin jadi spinning